Garage doors are relatively huge and are spring-loaded. The advanced garage doors can even move at the touch of a button. So, these factors clubbed together make these doors pretty dangerous if not handled in the way they should be. In fact, surveys taken on the same issue have revealed that the children sustain the most garage door injuries and sometimes even death.
So, no matter what you are doing with your garage door at the moment, be it garage door repair, or garage door spring replacement, or garage door opener installation, or any other kind of activity involved in fixing up your garage door, there are always some prominent tips to remember in order to prevent mishaps. You can’t leave anything to chance!
Garage door safety checklist:
- All garage door opener installation must be done in poise with an exterior entrapment security system. As we know that modern garage door openers work on an electronic eye device, this system curtails the probability of anyone being crushed in the door’s path. Therefore, if your garage door is an older one, get it replaced with a new garage door system.
- Once the role of garage doors service provider is over, be it anything from garage door repair and garage door spring replacement to garage door opener replacement, never forget to test the door. Or in simpler words, make it a habit to keep a check on the condition of your garage door system, and avoid any kind of accident that can happen due to its improper functioning.
- The balance of the garage door also holds significance. Analyze the door handle while maneuvering the closing and release mechanism. To mention, a garage door that is in perfect shape – balanced, spring-loaded and moving effectively – gets lifted effortlessly. If it doesn’t, then it needs proper maintenance like garage door repair, or garage door spring replacement, or garage door opener installation. Just find out the problem and then plan to solve with the help of an expert!
- Force the setting and analyze the condition of the garage door. When you hold the door at the bottom and it doesn’t reverse with moderate resistance, it implies that the setting is too high. Here is when you are supposed to consult a garage door repair professional. Secondly, if you can understand the owner’s manual, it might also work for you! Which one to choose, it’s your call!
- The reversing test must be held at least once a month and that too on regular basis. Instead of applying resistance with hands, you can even set the block in the path of the door. If it doesn’t reverse, you need to go for either garage door repair or replacement.